"This year is going to be different. This year I refuse to get stressed out during the holidays."
This year we at Austen Addict Central would like to help you keep that promise.
We've got tips to help you melt away the stress of the holidays. And we've got a HOLIDAY READATHON DE-STRESSING PRIZE PACK that may just have your name on it:
- a bottle of limited edition MERRY CHRISTMAS ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND by Dharmaceuticals**
- a copy of THE JOURNEYS OF JOHN AND JULIA: GENESIS by Aurelia
- a signed copy of CONFESSIONS OF A JANE AUSTEN ADDICT
- a signed copy of RUDE AWAKENINGS OF A JANE AUSTEN ADDICT
**I've got Merry Christmas blend diffusing as I write this. Cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon, and mandarin essential oils blended into an indescribably comforting melange of scent. I can just feel the stress melting away...
IT'S SUPER EASY TO ENTER: Just visit the Rafflecopter below.
FOR MORE CHANCES TO WIN: Post a blog comment here that tells us about your favorite holiday de-stressors. (My list is after the Rafflecopter.) a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is international and ends at midnight, Dec. 7th.
HERE's MY LIST:
My go-to read(s) that make me feel right with the world again:
- Persuasion by Jane Austen--because it's all about second chances that arrive when you least expect them.
- The Journeys of John and Julia: Genesis by Aurelia--because it's all about the magic that's all around us, whether or not we believe it's so.
- Any of Jane Austen's other major works, because they are highly entertaining and deeply satisfying on many levels.
My favorite relaxing indulgence(s) that help me remember what this season is all about:
- Merry Christmas essential oil blend by Dharmaceuticals. I diffuse it in my aroma lamp every day as soon as the season starts, all the way through New Year’s Day. I started buying this blend two years ago, and it was the first time I could remember having stress-free holidays. I’m not kidding: this is magic in a bottle. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And it fills my home with the most intoxicating blend of cinnamon, vanilla, and a host of other delicious scents.
- I also love the comforting familiarity of my favorite feel-good movies. I’ll watch as many as I have time to do. Love, Actually; The Apartment, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Bend it Like Beckham, Persuasion (the one with Ciaran Hinds and Amanda Root), and Bride and Prejudice are just a sampling of my go-to’s. If it’s about the power of love and friendship, then count me in.
My favorite ways to shine happiness on others:
- Cooking holiday meals and treats for friends and family.
- Sharing my good fortune by making a donation to organizations who help homeless adults and children. An excellent organization to which I donated this year is Union Station Homeless Services, which does good work in my very own town of Pasadena, CA.
Check out more mini-challenges, giveaways, and ways to give back at the annual Holiday Readathon, hosted by WhoRUblog.com.